Thursday, January 4, 2007

Golden Habits



Sow an act, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny!
- George Dana Boardman

One of my goals for this year is to develop habits that will take me to my dream. I came up with a long list, and then realized that I should first come up with a framework to structure my knowledge. I decided to intertwine Anthony Robbins' 6 Needs with the 6 Dimensions for Wellness. Through this framework, not only was I able to have a good structure to organize habits which I already knew, but the blanks also made apparent other good habits. Here are the dimensions* which I came up with (slightly modified from the 6 Dimensions for Wellness):
  1. Health
  2. Wealth
  3. Professional
  4. Relationships
  5. Spirit (Emotional and spiritual)
  6. Capabilities (intellectual, skills, etc.)
  7. Enjoyment
In my upcoming posts I will be discussing golden habits for being successful in each of the above mentioned dimension.

*There is the very interesting question about what are the important parameters to consider for a balanced life, and for that I will refer you to Moz Hussain's upcoming book Balanced Scorecard (link to relevant post).

PS: If you have a golden habit that has made you successful, then do share in the comments and I will be sure to acknowledge your contribution.

No comments: